Frequently asked questions on a broad range of topics related to the federal hiring process.
- What is login.gov and why do I have to create an account?
- What if I can't find my USAJOBS profile information after I create a login.gov account?
- What if I don't remember my USAJOBS email address?
- What if I no longer have access to my USAJOBS email address?
- Can I use my old USAJOBS username and password to sign into login.gov?
- Can I share an account and profile with another person?
- What does it mean when a job announcement lists the number of applicants?
- How does the application process work?
- What does each application status mean?
- How can I reapply to a job?
- Why was I not considered for a position?
- What types of documents might I need to provide?
- Where can I find forms that may be necessary when applying?
- What should I include in my resume?
- What should I leave out of my resume?
- How do I set up notifications for future job announcements?
- How does USAJOBS use my profile information?
- What happened to my saved searches created before April 8, 2017?
- Where can I find part-time positions?
- Where can I find internships?
- What is a remote job?
- What is telework?
- What time, including time zone, do jobs expire?
- What are bargaining units?
- What are KSAs?
- What are background checks and security clearances?
- How many years of experience do I need to qualify for a job?
- Do I need a college degree to qualify for a job?
- What is rating and ranking?
Pay & Leave
- How is pay set for employees new to the federal government?
- What is a series or grade?
- What is time in grade?
- What is Wage Grade (WG) and Wage Supervisor (WS)?